Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Chapter 4

I like that Glendon restates in a different way this time the fact the America is set up on the value of property rights. Which in turn makes us have our legal rights to privacy. How man gives up thing according to Lock to become part of society. Which means he then need individual rights. And the first time this actually became an issue in America was the invention of photography, I found this part really fascinating. I have taken sociology and I have talked about deviants before, and how someone is not a deviant until a person gets caught in the act of doing something deviant; that’s what it reminded me of while reading it. That before the invention of the camera, people really had a lot less documented evidence against another person. The need for personal space to be put into law was never apparent until the need for it came.

No comments:

Post a Comment