Friday, February 27, 2009

Scanlon

So while in class yesterday I was thinking that the right to abortion is the perfect example of what he addresses in this article. Although I may personally never want to have one I still want the right to be able to make this choice. I think that's what he is saying, rights are all about the ability to choose and make choices that leads to control over our own lives. I wasn't sure how the right to life fit into this idea so I had to reread the last section. It makes sense now it seems that it's not so much about saying I have a right to life so you have a duty not to kill me, a claim. It seemed more about our choices and that no one but me can have the option to end my life if I am in control over my own life. I also have the ability to choose if I want to put my life in jeopardy to save anothers. I may have missed the point but that's what I got. Comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment