Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Again...

Well I will start with MANY questions I had.

What does normative mean? He used that word a lot, and I checked the dictionary but it was not very helpful (Why do they use the word itself in the definition?)

On page 125, Lyons claims that justified rules have legal impact, and that impact has a moral force. How is this so?

On page 126, there is a discussion about Mary's rights and the official's thinking. I am confused weather Mary's rights were set by utilitarian principals, and therefore, the utilitarian offical should allow for them?

*At the beggining of the article, we are told that it is impossible to accomodate rights in the util. system. After reading the article, I still do not understand why this is so. I guess I don't get the big picture. Please help.

No comments:

Post a Comment